Thursday, September 30, 2010

The House at Sugar Beach

Helene Cooper delivers a powerful, honest, and moving story about her personal experiences and documented family history in her book The House at Sugar Beach. From beginning to end, Cooper vividly describes her experiences of growing up in Liberia as a child of wealth to her new life in America.
This is one you will want to read. Creatively Fascinating!





It is no secret, I love memoirs. Especially those that inspire me to appreciate all things about life. I wonder what my life would be like if my ancestors would have decided to take root in Liberia. Would I be that Liberian girl? Interesting....I feel a close sense of connectiveness with my sister Helene.
Life, it's a journey.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

last week our class held a similar discussion on this subject and you illustrate something we have not covered yet, thanks.

- Laura