Sunday, November 09, 2008

The New, Part I

In celebration of my birthday a couple of friends invited me out for a
night on the town. I was a little reluctant at first, after all we
stayed out quite late the night before. To make a long story short, we ended up at a dance club.

If you have ever experienced the Dallas nightlife, you know the clubs can be a bit
daunting. But for some strange reason that night the atmosphere was
electrifying and the band unbelievable. We were having a
surprisingly good time, with the exception of a few knuckle heads whose
game could use a lot of work.

Moving about the club I finally found a spot where I could see the band
a little better. Then from out of nowhere a tall, dark and very
handsome guy stood next me. We made eye contact, but we didn't say
anything to each other.

Still enjoying the band I decide to do my usual
two-step (I am not much of a dancer). In doing so, I accidentally
stepped on the guy’s foot.

OMG!

I gave him a quick “excuse me,” (or something like that).

He being a perfect gentleman did not get upset. So I
continue moving from side to side. Finally, he asked me to dance
(remember, I am not much of a dancer).

So I politely said, “No thank you.”

Being persistent, he asked me my name and having to speak
above the music I told him. He told me his first and last
name. The first name was easy to pronounce; however, the last name was
unique. From the last name and his spicy accent, I could tell right away
he was not from the states. He told me he was from Houston, and in town on
business. Continuing to make small talk, I inquired about his business,
etc....and he gave me his business card. I was then thinking, this
brother might be all right. We exchanged contact information and left it at that.

As I was leaving the club we made eye contact again. Out of all thepeople in the club, we made eye contact again.



Check back for Part II

No comments: