Thursday, June 25, 2009

My Tribute to Michael Jackson

Life is so narrow, so big…so short, with so many things in it sometimes you wonder why some people get so little out of it and others find a way to get so much.

Michael was one of those people who made life do unimaginable things and he found ways to get as much out of life as possible.

One of my earliest memories of Michael Jackson would have to be when I came across a 1984 picture book of him wearing his trademark red leather motorcycle jacket, jheri-curl swept sides and that million-dollar smile on the cover. The book was on showcase at a book fair hosted by my elementary school. As soon as my eyes made contact with the cover, I had immediately rushed over to flip through the pages. At the time, I had to be no more than 8 years old, but something about the contents in that book made me feel internal emotions I now know no 8 year old should have been thinking about. My teacher had to ask me several times to put the book down as the class was leaving. Though I never met him in person, I hold the many times I’ve listened to his songs, watched his music videos or watched his life played out through the media, close to my heart.

Michael’s innovative lifestyle and character spoke a thousand words that showcased him as a true humanitarian. He has touched everyone’s life near and afar in some facet; whether if be through his musical talents and creativity or the lessons he has taught us all through his own ups and downs with life. He genuinely cared for his fellow man that sometimes did not always show him the same unquestionable truth. For this, I am honored to have had an opportunity to be apart of a whole generation that he has influenced.
Michael’s life is the true definition of what life is suppose to be all about…..LIFE!
Live A Lot.

No comments: