Sunday, July 25, 2010

Patriarchy damages men Part 2....."I'm just saying"

While keeping in mind the conflicting efficacy of patriarchy being a very complex issue for some, let me forewarn you my views will more than likely come out a tad over-simplistic; and at times suggest this unexplained phenomenon to be a human rights issue. Speaking strictly from personal experience and presenting my passionate idealogy, I think most issues associated with patriarchy are breed from socially accepted societal rules of a given region.


Not to ignore Jo’s well-presented analysis supporting her thoughts about patriarchy damages men; I will not make addressing that one issue my main focus. My beliefs stem from what I feel should be the most practical and effective solution to educate and resolve issues that surround the imblanced treatment of women. Whether it is the right to vote, marry, be educated, own businesses or the other numberous advantages that men share in their communities. This list should not be allowed to continue to rear its ugly face so that women are subjected to the mistreatment of a male dominated society in which they have little to no rights.

Not to generalize the male species as the villians of these evils but to point out obvious characterisitcs of the plight of patriarchy as an oppressive component that diminishes women and humanistic values as a whole. The trickle down effect that allows men to be the benefactors of a “good life” does not allow the same for women as human beings. Women are human beings that should be born into a world that encourages “good life.” By “good life,” I am suggesting equal opportunities/rights to make decisions about ones future, whether it is to surrender to traditional customs of her environment or be allowed to live in an environment that enriches the quality of life for everyone.

I have noticed that in the poorest societies women are treated the worst by men who would be considered destitute by men in countries that favor women’s rights. It is my opinion that these men are uncultured and reprehensible in their thinking. With saying that, my suggestion to those countries that are among the poorest—they should model other countries that are moving forward toward a “good world.”



Not done…Part III.

Life.

No comments: